For This I Have Prayed For: Knowing if You're Acting in the Will of God.

It's Okay...

    How many of us have said things that have unintentionally or, let's be honest, intentionally hurt someone? We ALL can raise both hands & both feet for that matter. It can be so easy to get caught up in our feelings whether new or old. There are some things that just hurt no matter the amount of time that you have allowed yourself to heal from the situation. The pain is still there, you may still cry from time to time & you may still feel a state of confusion. Everyone wants you to move past it already but they don't understand exactly how YOU feel. Let me be one of the first to tell you...it's okay to feel this way. You take the time that you need to get past it. Do what you need to do WITHOUT sinning (Ephesians 4:26). God hears your cry. I promise. He knows your heart. He feels every ache, He senses every tear that trickles down your face and He hears every shout that escapes out of your mouth. It's okay.


God, is THIS what I prayed for?

    When I turned 18, I knew that I wanted to be a wife and a mom one day. I didn't know when & didn't really care when, but I knew that I wanted that for myself sometime in my life. Yes, I know what you're thinking. "She's too young to be thinking about that!" & maybe I am. But God did not intend for me to always be someone's forever girlfriend.. He's calling me to be a wife one day. I don't fit the girlfriend criteria anymore. I pray for my husband and my children daily because I realize that the enemy is already prepared to destroy them & I have to declare war against him. He already has a plan and cannot wait to execute it. I will not settle for what is not in the Will of God anymore. Often times we pray for things and try to make deals with God so He'll give us our way. But we are so quick to forget that our ways are not His ways. His ways are higher and beyond (Isaiah  55:8-9). He has a plan for our life (Jeremiah 29:11). What we might have in mind might be something totally different than what God has in mind. For all we know, we could be insulting ourselves by asking for something that is not in the Will of God. God wants to treat you like a Bentley but you're treating yourself like a Honda. God wants to bless you abundantly but you're stuck on something or someone that is completely out of His will. He never meant for that thing or that person to be for you. So ladies, once that man starts popping you upside the head and you ask God is this what I prayed for (Proverbs 31:10)? Or men, once that woman starts cheating on you and you ask God is this what I prayed for (1 Corinthians 16:13-14)? Maybe the job that you settled for is treating you every kind of way but the way you were intended to be treated. Is THIS what you prayed for (Ephesians 2:10, Jeremiah 31:3 & Psalm 139:14)? When God says "No", it means "No". When He says "Yes" it means "Yes". Don't "mistake" His "No" for a "Yes". That's when real heartbreak takes place. Delight yourself in Him & Let God spoil you the way that He desires to (Psalm 37:4).

Withholding Nothing: Forgiving Yourself
  
    One of the hardest things to do is to forgive yourself. I can testify to this wholeheartedly! It's hard to forgive yourself for allowing someone to hurt you or tolerating all of the mess they put you through. Sometimes, I get so caught up in beating myself up that I forget that God has already forgiven me the moment I opened my heart & mouth & asked Him to. He throws it all in the sea of forgetfulness (Micah 7:19). I know it's easier said than done but if God has forgiven you, why can't you forgive yourself?








*Disclaimer: I do not own the photos presented in this blog. I do not intently commit fraudulence. I just want to simply encourage.(:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake it 'til you make it?

5 Natural Hair Tips

I'll Trust You, Lord.